The Spiritual Root to Caregiving
June 17, 2020
12:00 pm -3:00 pm
3 hour CEU for ARF & RCFE Administrators
Course approval #433-0304-33887 ARF#433-0304-33886 subject code 04-Psych/social needs
A Caregiver is someone who attends to the physical needs of people and many times without realizing it, the spiritual needs. In long-term care settings, we know how a life crisis can make people feel confusion, denial and despair. Residents feel like there is no meaning and can be overwhelmed with feelings of regret and remorse. This course will discuss taking spirituality into consideration as caregivers, to help residents with these emotions, find forgiveness and acceptance.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to.
- Understand the meaning and root of spirituality in caregiving.
- Learn to be present without judgment and with genuine interest and attentive listening.
- Understand how to hear the pain and distress deep in the inner core of the resident.
- Provide empathic care by helping residents feel their worth and dignity as human beings.
- Remove communication that can so easily neglect and de-humanize the sick resident.
Disclaimer: This course has large discussion on religion.