Sponsored by Parkview
11:30 – 12:00 pm Lunch/Sign-in
12:00 – 2:00 pm Education
2:00 pm Tours/Networking
Instructor will review various forms of dementia, with a special emphasis on the management of the behavior disturbances that are characteristic of this condition. Attendees will learn various ways to manage such disturbances, through the perspective of using empathic communication. Upon completion of this course, individuals will be able to:
1. Understand and define a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias.
2. Review recent research findings associated with Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias.
3. Understand the causes of behavior disturbances in dementia
4. Discuss the risks and benefits of medications used to treat behavior disturbances in dementia
5. Understand the importance of non-invasive, empathetic communication when caring for an individual with dementia.
Approved by DSS for ARF & RCFE administrators