April 11, 2020
11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Online Live Streaming
Due to Covid-19 and the Stay at Home orders DSS has approved LIVE Streaming to apply toward your LIVE Hours for CEUs
STATEWIDE WAIVERS FOR LICENSING REQUIREMENTS DUE TO CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19)
A Caregiver is someone who attends to the physical needs of people and many times without realizing it, the spiritual needs. In long-term care settings, we know how a life crisis can make people feel confusion, denial and despair. Residents feel like there is no meaning and can be overwhelmed with feelings of regret and remorse. This course will discuss taking spirituality into consideration as caregivers, to help residents with these emotions, find forgiveness and acceptance.
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to.
- Understand the meaning and root of spirituality in caregiving.
- Learn to be present without judgment and with genuine interest and attentive listening.
- Understand how to hear the pain and distress deep in the inner core of the resident.
- Provide empathic care by helping residents feel their worth and dignity as human beings.
- Remove communication that can so easily neglect and de-humanize the sick resident.