Thyrza Knox, RN will focus course on how to provide quality care with emphasis on the importance of helping residents maintain as much of his or her autonomy as possible. Attendees will be equipped with the necessary skills to care for these individuals.
- Understand the challenging elements of the aging population in the United States.
- Understand the complexity of providing care to older adults diagnosed with frailty, disability, and/or comorbidity.
- Review regulations for prohibited and restricted health conditions.
- Describe three of the characteristics required when providing quality care for individuals diagnosed with frailty, disability, and/or comorbidity.
- Review methods to assess residents with frailty, disability, and comorbidity.
- List three non-medical interventions to support the autonomy and well-being of the individual diagnosed with frailty, disability, and comorbidity.
- Understand the importance of non-invasive, empathetic communication when caring for an individual diagnosed with frailty, disability, and comorbidity.
FREE three hours of DSS approved continuing education credit for RCFE & ARF Administrators. RCFE Course Approval #433-0306-27928RCFE Vendor#2000433-740-2 ARF Course Approval #433-0306-27927 ARF Vendor#2000433-735-2.
Register online by clicking event website information to the right. Questions or help assistance, call 619-476-2239.